When in need of a good side dish to fill that plate space, we got you covered. Here’s a quick and simple Chinook Salad recipe you can do.
For the potato salad, you will need:
- Potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cut into cubes – 4 cups
- Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped – 2 pcs.
- Fresh chopped dill – ¼ cup
- Red pepper in small dices- ¼ cup
- Green onions, chopped – ¼ cup
- Capers – 2 tsp
- Chopped dill pickles – ⅛ cup
- Thinly sliced radishes– 6 pcs
- For the salad dressing, you will need:
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Chinook honey – ⅓ cup
- First press Canola Oil – ½ cup
- Mustard – 4 Tbsp.
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Prepare the dressing.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside afterward.
Step 2: Prepare the potato salad.
Boil the potatoes in salted water until it starts to get tender. Make sure it is firm enough to not turn into a mash. Then drain the water.
Step 3: Mix the dressing with the warm potatoes.
This will allow the potatoes to absorb the flavors in the dressing.
Step 4: Add all the dry ingredients to the salad.
Put them all in a bowl and mix them all. Serve as a side dish for your main course.